Amongst other legislation, UAVNZ is subject to the Privacy Act 1993 and the Official Information Act 1982 (OIA).
Scope and purpose
Collection of personal information
Personal information may be collected directly from a user when that user:
- Registers to use the Website;
- Emails an enquiry;
- Adds a comment to any of UAVNZ’s social network accounts;
- Registers or attends an event;
- Uses a UAVNZ service;
- Subscribes to UAVNZ’s news feeds;
- Gives feedback;
- Lodges a complaint
UAVNZ also collects non-identifiable information about users’ interaction with UAVNZ’s information technology systems. This includes use of the Website and web services and emails sent to/from UAVNZ’s information technology systems.
UAVNZ uses analytics to analyse web traffic based on specific behaviour, demographic, and interest data. UAVNZ may collect statistical information about visits to the Website, including:
- IP addresses (masked);
- search terms used;
- pages accessed from the Website and clicks on links;
- dates and times at which the Website is accessed;
- the referring site (if any) through which the Website is accessed;
- operating systems (e.g. Windows, Mac OS X); and
- web browsers (eg Microsoft Internet Explorer or Edge, Google Chrome or Apple Safari).
The data collected is aggregated and is not personally identifiable. IP addresses are masked so that they cannot be used to identify individuals and analytics will also respect any “do not track” settings on web browsers.